I’ve seen a few posts recently in the MikroTik forums and MikroTik Subreddit about the confusing nature of creating native (wirespeed) vlans on the CRS range of hardware and wanted to put together a template that gives you a good idea of how these work, and what the configuration of a few different port types looks like.
While I will go into more detail on this soon – the following (designed for a CRS328-24P-4S+RM) has:
- PC Connected ports
- PC Connected ports with support for an inline VoIP Phone
- Tagged/Untagged ports for Access Point administration and wireless network passthrough
- Untagged port for a server
- Tagged Trunk ports for passing vlans between switches
- Adding an IP address to an Admin vlan for access to the configured switch